Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Autonomy


So I know not as many people have had to take as many child psychology class as I have so let me just give you quick defention. Autonomy:
1.independence or freedom, as of the will or one's actions:the autonomy of the individual.
2.the condition of being autonomous; self-government, or theright of self-government; independence: The rebelsdemanded autonomy from Spain.3. a self-governing community.
So it is a little odd I am writing a blog about psychology term ,but it will all make sense when I am done I promise. So Kids go through this stage Autonomy vs. Shame and doubt. which just means that the annoying two year old " I do I do" is not just you ,but a stage. If they don't learn to master things by themselves they will become shamefully and doubt themselves. So don't start freaking out because still tie you daughter shoes or that you help child get dress in morning because it take twenty minutes to put on pair of pants. All is well it just means sometimes letting them climb up and fall off the slide and letting the spill milk all over the table is good thing. Supervised always of course.
It accrued to me today while watching kids playing together happly that I have at times pushed them into autonomy at times ,but they can play by themselves so well it is great. However, this is not about me it is about everyone. When it all comes done to it we all want autonomy no matter our age. We all want the freedom to be ourselves to do what we love and yes even fail on our own. That is how we know who we are and become the person we are today , tomorrow and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment