Saturday, December 31, 2011
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Sunday, December 18, 2011
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Now we are about to move it is hard not to think back on all the amazing things that happened in our very small house. After all this house was first John and I lived in together without a roommate. It was first place we lived after we were married. We found second cat outside the door begging for food. We have weathered many storms and celebrated many happy moments in this house, but I am so excited to start a new chapter of our life. It is scary, but aren’t most wonderful things!!!
Friday, October 14, 2011
- So the first thing you need is bread and I prefer sourdough it doesn’t matter if it is a little stale.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Garlic any form you want powder or fresh (minced)
- Cheese your choice I prefer cheddar and parmesan chess (grated)
- Any other topping you want basil is always good
- Tin foil
- Cookie sheet
Monday, October 3, 2011
- Wooden letter
- Martha Stewart Acrylic Paint
- Stencils of your choices ( I choose stencils at Michaels)
- Mod Podge
- Already made butterfly
Sunday, October 2, 2011
Lets talk about Martha Stewart the Queen of crafting and manners. I am going to be honest I was annoyed with her and after her fall from grace I was happy to have a Martha break. However, lately she was been growing on me and she just released a new line of acrylic paint and stencils. She even put together handy dandy packets with instructions and material list that cost ten to twenty dollars each. So I am just going to say it Martha I love you!!! I have changed my mind about Martha she has made decorating with acrylic paint fun and easy.
- Coupons 40 % off on receipt every time you shop and now with there new App making coupons is so easy and there is no need to coupon cut.
- The people -Yes, I did say the people if you go enough you will get to know the employes and they will be your best resource. I have gotten tips, heads up on deals.
- Awesome sales- if you wait ever single items go sale. Michaels likes to start their holiday decor a couple months early so by time it gets to the holiday the have deep discount on all holiday decor.
Monday, September 12, 2011
- Find a frame that you may not love and get creative. So I went for a boring frame I had and then I decide I wanted to monogram it with an S. I went on google typed stencil for S and picked letter I liked. Cut it out and cleaned the frame.
- Then I cleaned the glass and took painters tape to put on the S backwards. The painted part needs to be facing in not facing out.
- You do about five thin coats and let it dry between each coat.
- Then the easiest part I took scrapbook paper and took the cardboard insert and glued it onto it. Make sure it is completely flat then put the whole thing together. I painted the frame as well a great green.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
We went to Maui last week. It was a sort of honeymoon and sort of family vacation.My in-laws came with us and yes, that was my idea. John's mother loves all things Hawaiian and has been to islands about five times. So we all board plan going to paradise and had a great time.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
I have always wanted to live in the fifties and I know that is ridiculous statement. I after all would not be able to do half things I do right now like blogging. However I love hats, I love poodle skirts, and most of all baking. I serious wonder sometimes because my job that I jokingly have said is to be a nineteen fifties housewife without the cooking and cleaning. Throw in poodle skirt and it is hard to tell difference. I am nanny and my job involves supervising four children under the age of three and two other school age children.
My problem is I wear the most boring clothes to work. The fifties house wives had that down, but I am not sure how they did it not having snot and spit up all over their amazing sweater sets! I had fashion crisis about five years I ago and it was not pretty. I am someone who loves to dress up. If I am best dress person in room I feel like I have done my job. With children you cant wear skirts and beautiful things unless intend them to be ruined. I have gotten better since I make enough now to buy things that are quality. I still don’t feel like me. I have been trying to make my way back to myself ,but is hard journey. I really hope I can find happy medium between vintage and successful women , but isn’t that what we are all trying to do get to best version of ourselves in clothes and in life.
Friday, July 1, 2011
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Monday, June 27, 2011
So recently we adopted a kitten or rather the kitten adopted us. See she got stuck in the wall at the house my mom house sits. We had to call Fire Deportment to get her cut out of wall. She was only five weeks old at the time. She stole our hearts and the sweetest thing you have ever meet. My husband has weak spot of cats and has especially fallen love with her. He is like a mother hen and worries about her all the time. She had to go get fixed and he has worried non- stop of last two weeks. She is our baby. We named her Houdini since she is escape artist.