I am starting something new. I have been working with kids with many years and I have noticed that parents have needed extra help getting younger children ready for Kindergarten. I am uniquely qualified to help out on this problem. I have worked with younger kids for over seven years and have B.A Liberal Studies. After helping the children I nanny I decide there is need out there.
Children are expected to know even more than ever before and at an earlier age . Many preschools are not offering comprehensive assessments to let you know if your child is ready for kindergarten. Here is an example of what is expected of your child in kindergarten and what they are assessed on:
- Write their Name
- Color within the lines
- Hold a pencil correctly and write the alphabet
- Fold paper and cut with scissors
- Identify colors
- Draw a circle
- Match shapes and pictures
- Identify directions and positions of objects.
- Identify smaller and larger objects
- Recognize number 1-10 and count 1-10