Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Handmade Tuesday: Handmade Zebra Tray








I am going to be honest rarely do I craft and think wow that is awesome when I am done. Maybe it’s my perfectionism or that it is hard to look past your own mistakes. Saying that I was truly blown away by the results of this craft. 








As long as I can remember I have been in love with trays and my favorite is this Lucite one. So after I found this tray my crafting gears in my head started turning. Here is what you will need all  can be purchased at Michael's or any regular craft store :
  • Your choice of a tray ( not at Michael's)
  • Paint: I use Maratha Stewart’s High Gloss Acrylic Craft Paint
  • Mod Podge 
  • Scrapbook paper
  •  2 Paint brush / sponge 
  • Paper cutter



Paint your tray with your choice of color let it dry. Cut your paper to fit inside the tray. After the paint is dry add coat of Mod Podge to paper and firmly press it into the bottom . Make sure you get all the bubbles out of paper. Let it dry. Then fallow directions on Mod Podge jar for built-up finish on the top of zebra paper. Leaving at least five minutes between each coats. Let dry fully before using. Pretty awesome for thinking on the fly if I do say so myself.






Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment