Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Handmade Tuesday: Embossing wood letters






                                          


       I am trying something Called Handmade Tuesday. I am going to be linked up with my new friends at Tip junkie giving you guys access to a lot more handmade crafts as well. I am so excited so let’s start crafting. 


















So today’s project involves wooden letters and stamps. I am not sure if you noticed that at Michaels they have new larger section with wooden letters and shapes. I have been itching to get my hands on one. Today was the day and here is what you will need: 

  •  Large wooden letter ($3.99 at Michaels) 
  • paint (I love Martha Stewards Acrylic paint collection the color is so rich $1.00) 
  • Paint brush I suggest the round sponge (49 cents) 
  • Stamp and stamp pad (used Inkadinkado® Dot Flourishes Clear $14 and Emboss ink$4)
  • Stamp Embossing powder $7 Embossing heat tool ( $24.00-30.00 a bit of investment,but worth it if you like stamping)



 Paint the letter and let dry. Take your stamp of choice and stamp using your embossing powder sprinkle it on and be sure to coat it evenly. Shake of the extra. Use your heating tool to emboss. Use heat tool until it is shine. Repeat for each stamp. Enjoy.






Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment